Primus Wind Power's Air wind turbines are the #1 selling small wind turbine generator line in the world! The Primus Air 40 is the premier wind turbine for off grid living, boating, RV'ing, outdoor lighting, water pumping, and other low energy demand battery charging applications. Very similar to the Primus Air 30 turbine, the Air 40 offers 10 more KWh and quieter blade rotations. Much like the Air 30, the Air 40 is a great pair for any solar array.
Using a high-tech micro-processed controller, the Air 40 operates efficiently across a wide range of wind speeds and fluctuations. The blades are aerodynamically designed to operate more silently at most wind speeds. The design is lightweight and a breeze to install or combine with solar panels.
The Primus Air 40 Wind Turbine Generator is manufactured in the U.S.A., and backed by an industry leading 5 year warranty. High quality materials help ensure this DIY installation remains durable, even in extreme winds up to 110 mph.
- Quieter than the Primus Air 30 wind turbine
- Simple installation
- Easily combine with solar power
- Lightweight and durable
- Backed by 5 year warranty
- Approximately 40 kWh/mo at 5.8 m/s (13 mph) of energy produced
- Swept Diameter - 1.07 m^2 (11.5 ft^2)
- Rotor Diameter - 1.17 m (46 in)
- Weight - 5.9 kg (13 lb)
- Shipping Dimensions - 686 x 318 x 229 mm (27 x 12.5 x 9 in) 7.7 kg (17 lb)
- Controller - Mircoprocess-based smart controller
- 12, 24, and 48 DC voltage
- Cut-in wind speed - 3.1 m/s (7 mph)
- Body - permanent mold cast aluminum
- (3) Injection-molded composite blades
- Alternator - Permanent magnetic brush-less
- Electronic torque control for over-speed protection
- Operating wind speed range - 3.1-22 m/s (7-49 mph)
- Optimal operating wind speed range - 4.5-22 m/s (10-49 mph)
- Recommended Mount - 1.5 in schedule 40 pipe 48 mm (1.9 in) outer diameter
- Mount sold separately